qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for your support.

Kindle E-Readers: Prime Sale + American Express Discount = $9.99 Kindle?

Amazon is having two separate promotions on Kindle e-Readers that can stack together to result in a $10 Kindle. This was a great opportunity to upgrade from my ancient 2nd generation Kindle. First, all Amazon Prime members have the special Kindle … [Read the rest]

P/E Ratios Don’t Predict Anything Over The Next Couple of Years

Here are some charts from a Credit Suisse research report that you should keep in mind when reading articles about high valuations and future returns. I first saw the highlighting done by WSJ Daily Shot, but I can't find the post anymore. Here … [Read the rest]

Big Picture: Is Compounding Growth Working For or Against You?

I'm a finance geek and like to dig around in the details like asset allocation or tax strategies. However, sometimes I read some news that reminds me to step back and look at the big picture. Half of all Americans don't own any stocks at all. … [Read the rest]

Big List of Ways To Protect Your Identity: Free Credit Monitoring, Free Credit Locks, and Free Credit Freezes

Updated with free credit freezes as of 9/21/18. After the Equifax hack and many subsequent hacks that affected so many Americans, there was renewed interest in the various ways you can monitor and/or protect your credit report. Below is a summary … [Read the rest]

Chase Sapphire Banking: 60,000 Bonus Points For New Customers

Update October 2018. Here is the 60,000 point application link. Open by 1/11/19. Within 45 calendar days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment … [Read the rest]

How To Compare Treasury Bill Rates to Bank Account APY

With T-Bill rates now around 2%, here's another topic that is getting some interest for the first time in many years. Individual investors can buy short-term Treasury Bills (4, 13, 26, and 52 weeks) via non-competitive bid at either … [Read the rest]

How To Enable Auto Sweep on Paypal Accounts (2018)

If you use PayPal to accept credit cards for your small business (eBay, Etsy, e-store, freelance, etc), you may not want to keep your money sitting at PayPal (especially if you are earning higher interest in your bank account). There is a feature … [Read the rest]

CIT Bank Review: 11-Month No Penalty CD 2.05% APY

Rates updated 6/29/19. CIT Bank (not to be confused with Citi Bank) is an online-only bank with a multi-year history of competitive rates. They don't offer a checking account and instead focus on a variety of savings and CD products with high … [Read the rest]

Hilton American Express Cards Limited-Time Offers – Up to 125,000 Hilton Points Each

Hilton Hotels has two American Express consumer cards, a no annual fee and a $95 annual fee version (with more perks of course). There is also a business card version. Right now, all of them have a limited-time increase to their welcome offer, … [Read the rest]

TIPS ETF vs. TIPS Mutual Fund vs. Series I Savings Bond: 10-Year Performance Comparison (2008-2018)

While updating my portfolio spreadsheet, I noticed that it had been 10 years since I bought my first electronic savings bond. I recently listed Reasons To Own TIPS, Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities and Reasons To Own Series I Savings Bonds. … [Read the rest]

Kids & Materialism: What Thing Were You Obsessed With in 7th Grade?

In the Atlantic article Why Kids Want Things, Dr. Marsha Richins is interviewed about her research on materialism and children. She explores why kids tend to place the most importance on owning and having things during middle school: I think of … [Read the rest]

Bonus Delta SkyMiles for Washington State Residents

Back again for the 2018-2019 season. If you are a resident of Washington state and age 18+ (as indicated by your Skymiles account), you can register at SeaHawks.com/12status and receive the following perks from Delta Airlines: 1 bonus mile for … [Read the rest]

Audi 80 аккумулятор купить