qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for your support.

Build A Complete Stock Portfolio With Just Two ETFs: Vanguard Total US (VTI) and Total International (VXUS)

If you are constructing your own portfolio and like the idea of low-cost, passively-managed index funds, you should definitely be aware that just two ETFs that can provide you diversified exposure to stocks worldwide and all at rock-bottom fees. … [Read the rest]

15-Year Mortgage Refinance Experience and Thoughts 2011

Over the weekend, we signed the closing documents for our refinancing into a 15-year fixed rate loan. It's hard to believe that less than four years ago we bought our first house with a 30-year loan at around 6%. Thanks to additional principal … [Read the rest]

Vanguard Allows Same-Day Trades With Bank Transfer Funding

If you have an account with Vanguard, you may have noticed them rolling out improvements to their online interface this month. If not, try logging in and see if you notice anything different. Today, I received an e-mail that they are also … [Read the rest]

CreditSesame: Would You Like Me More If I Showed You My Credit Score?

CreditSesame just launched a "credit badge" that is intended for random folks on the internet to show how big their... I mean how high their credit score is. Instead of wearing Armani or driving a Porsche, I can show off my CreditSesame badge. It's … [Read the rest]

Free 9/20 Only: Incorporation & LLC Formation Service From MyCorporation

If you've been considering making your side venture a formal separate entity, MyCorporation is offering their LLC formation and incorporation filing services for free for one day only 9/20/11 until 11:59 PST with the coupon code MYFREE (regular price … [Read the rest]

Rising Rents, Flat Home Prices, and Owning REITs In My Portfolio

The NYT Economix blog points out that rents are rising again according to inflation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The chart included doesn't have zero on the y-scale, but a value of 100 corresponds to rent from 1982-1984. Rents … [Read the rest]

Social Security, Ponzi Schemes, and Realistic Expectations

Recent political debates have brought up comparisons between Social Security and Ponzi schemes. (Have you read the book about the real Ponzi?) Even though seemingly every single economist on Earth has weighed in, this discussion has been around … [Read the rest]

Jack Bogle Makes Market Prediction For Next Decade

I don't usually post market forecasts, but I just wanted to jot this one down for posterity. Jack Bogle, founder of Vanguard, is interviewed in a WSJ article Why a Legendary Market Skeptic Is Upbeat About Stocks where he makes a prediction of 7% … [Read the rest]

Vanguard Target Retirement Income Fund vs. Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund

There's a ways to go, but we're still aiming to retire within the next 10 years. As such, I've been thinking about what happens when we want to live off of withdrawals from our retirement portfolio. According to the passively-managed Target Date … [Read the rest]

Free Kindle eBook: Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery

Right now you can download a free copy (expired as of 9/18) of Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery by Gail MarksJarvis. It's at the Amazon Kindle store, but you can download a Kindle app to read them on your … [Read the rest]

LivingSocial: $20 Whole Foods Market Gift Card For $10

LivingSocial, the group-buying deal-a-day website trying to go IPO like Groupon, is offering national deal today of a $20 value voucher to Whole Foods Market for only $10. Limit one per person. 5% of the sale price goes to the Whole Kids … [Read the rest]

My Unclaimed Money From State of California Actually Came

Amazingly, less than two months from mailing in my claim submission, the State of California actually sent me a check for my $74.93 in unclaimed money. Thanks guys, sorry you can't use it to plug your gaping budget hole, but I'm sure you'll get me … [Read the rest]

220km.net