qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for your support.

LendingClub 1099 Forms and Tax Reporting Questions

If you're a newer investor in Lending Club P2P notes, you may be wondering how to handle your investments at tax time. Will I get a 1099? Even if you do get a 1099, it might not cover all your loans. Unfortunately, the documentation provided by LC is … [Read the rest]

Vanguard Emerging Markets Fund (VEIEX) Drops Purchase Fee

Vanguard has announced that the Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index mutual fund (VEIEX) will no longer have a purchase and redemption fee of 0.25%, effectively immediately. Although not huge, this fee was rather annoying and a major reason for … [Read the rest]

CollegeAdvantage $50 Tax Refund Bonus Offer (Existing Customers)

The Ohio CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan has a new promotion for existing account holders linked to tax refund season. If you make a new one-time contribution of $3,000 or more by April 30th, they will give you a $50 bonus. The $50 bonus will be … [Read the rest]

TaxACT 2011 Review: My User Experience With Screenshots

According to my tax software poll, it appears that the vast majority of readers are using one of the "big 3" tax filing software: TurboTax, H&R Block At Home, or TaxACT. This matches industry-wide estimates; Did you know that H&R Block tried … [Read the rest]

Amazon Promos: Discover Free 1-Day Shipping, Amazon Mom Free 3-Month Trial

Here are a few promotions from Amazon that can save you some time and/or money. Amazon and Discover Card have teamed up to offer free 1-day shipping on select products (mostly electronics) if you use the promo code DSCVRSHP and buy with a Discover … [Read the rest]

Reading List: Low-Risk Investing, Free Accounting Software, Limited Willpower, Flexible Withdrawal Rates

I run across a lot of articles that may not merit an entire blog post but are worthy of sharing. Let me know if you like this format with short summaries or if you'd rather me just tweet links. Playing It Safe as a Long-Term Strategy For a … [Read the rest]

How To Maximize Your Appraisal During A Mortgage Refinance

During the housing boom, nobody worried about appraisals. If you put in a bid to purchase a house for $300,000, the appraisal was basically guaranteed to come out at $300,000 or above. Appraisers are hired by lenders, and back then lenders wanted … [Read the rest]

Credit Sesame’s New Interactive Mortgage Map

Credit Sesame might be best known for offering people a free credit score every month, but they make their money by providing mortgage quotes. That makes sense given how sensitive mortgage interest rates are to credit scores. They just rolled out a … [Read the rest]

No Fee 0% Balance Transfer For 12 Months – Discover More Card

Update 2/24/12: Confirmed that this offer will expire at the end of February. Last year it also started in January and ran until the end of February, and didn't come back until the next January. So get your applications in now if … [Read the rest]

Continental OnePass Plus Card: Free 30,000 Miles, Free Checked Bag, Primary Rental Car Insurance

(Update 2/23/12: The Continental/United Airlines merger is almost complete, and the last official Continental flight taking off on March 2nd. The new company will be called United, so this Continental Airlines OnePass Plus Card will no longer be … [Read the rest]

Costco $10 Bonus For Auto-Paying Wireless Bill with American Express

Costco and American Express have a promotion where you can earn a $10 Costco Cash Card when you enroll on their page and then sign up to pay your wireless phone bill automatically with any American Express card. All wireless providers distributed by … [Read the rest]

Thoughts on Paying Extra Towards Mortgage Principal

I've been thinking more about whether I should commit some additional funds to pay down the principal on my mortgage and reduce my interest paid. There is already a good deal of discussion on this topic in my posts Why Paying Down Your Mortgage … [Read the rest]

220km.net