qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of selected credit card products. qara.info and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and the content has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for supporting this independent site.

Morningstar Top 529 College Savings Plan Rankings 2018

Investment research firm Morningstar has released their annual 529 College Savings Plans analyst ratings for 2018. While the full research paper appears restricted to paid premium members, this is still useful as while there are currently over 60 … [Read the rest]

Sam’s Club 1-Day Sale 11/10 : $100 Face Value Gift Cards for $70 + Groupon Membership Deal

Sam's Club is having a one-day sale on Saturday, November 10th. There are the usual discounts on huge TVs and the latest Apple products, but what caught my eye was that all of the "Extreme Value" gift cards that are usually $40 for $50 face value … [Read the rest]

Garden Savings Federal Credit Union: 4-Year CD at 4.08% APY

(Update: "Due to the tremendous success of our certificate promotion, we have concluded the special rates that were being offered as of the end of business on Friday, November 9th." Reader Ryan adds that as long as you started the application … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – November 2018

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash for November 2018, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. Check out my Ultimate Rate-Chaser Calculator to get an idea of how much extra interest you'd earn if you are moving … [Read the rest]

Download Audible App on Fire TV, Get Free $5 Amazon Credit

If you have a Fire TV, start up the device and download the Audible app for free before 11/13/18. Amazon will give you a free $5 Amazon credit for doing so (expires in 30 days, only good for products "Sold by Amazon"). There is no activation … [Read the rest]

Savings I Bonds November 2018 Interest Rate: 2.32% Inflation Rate, 0.50% Fixed Rate

Update 11/1/18. The fixed rate will be 0.50% for I bonds issued from November 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. The variable inflation-indexed rate for this 6-month period will be 2.32% (as was predicted). The total rate on any specific bond is the sum … [Read the rest]

Send $50 Amazon Gift Card Via Text, Get $5 Amazon Credit (Targeted)

Amazon keeps thinking up new ways for folks to send/receive/reload/ingest Amazon gift credits. Which is fine with me, because they'll usually pay you a few bucks to try it out. Click here to check eligibility for their latest targeted offer: Get … [Read the rest]

Starbucks App and Chase Pay: Up to 475 Bonus Stars (Targeted)

Here is a targeted offer for Starbucks app users. Look on the Starbucks app homepage or inbox for a Chase Pay promotion that says "Reload 3x, Earn 475 Stars." If you load up your Starbucks account with at least $20 using Chase Pay, you can get … [Read the rest]

Frugal Trends: Keep Your iPhone For 3-4 Years + Switch to Cheaper Plan

If you've been holding onto that iPhone for longer than you thought you would, you are not alone. According to this WSJ article, the average consumer now waits 2.9 years to upgrade their iPhone (2.8 years for all smartphones). Horace … [Read the rest]

Libby App: Improved Access to Public Library eBook and Audiobooks

Public libraries have offered eBooks for a while, but I stopped using the service because it was too much work. There weren't that many popular titles available, and finding them was tedious with a waitlist of unknown length. When you did finally … [Read the rest]

Will We Ever Talk Openly About Income and Money?

I started sharing my net worth anonymously because it was so hard talk about it publicly. Even today, my site logo is a voice bubble with money inside. Fast forward nearly 15 years later, and it is still unlikely that you know your coworkers' … [Read the rest]

Consumer Report Car Brand Reliability Rankings 2018

Consumer Reports shared some results from their 2018 Car Reliability Survey in the public articles Who Makes the Most Reliable Cars?, 10 Most Reliable Cars and, 12 Models Lose CR Recommendation Over Car Reliability Issues. Here's a partial … [Read the rest]

www.220km.net