qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for your support.

Target: Free $10 Gift Card with $50 Purchase

Back again... Target has a "Friends and Fans" promotion offering a $10 Target Gift card with $50+ purchase. Expires Saturday, 12/15/12. See all Target coupons here. If you are having trouble getting to print, the bar codes appear to be the … [Read the rest]

Priceline Rewards Visa Card Review: 2% Flat Cash Back On All Purchases

There's a new 2% flat cash back card in town ...although it's somewhat hidden under some Priceline co-branding and William Shatner doing martial arts. Here's how it works. The Priceline Rewards Visa® Card earns 2 points per $1 spent on all … [Read the rest]

P2P LendingClub and Prosper Loan Portfolio Update – December 2012

As the last part of my ongoing Beat The Market Experiment, here's the December 2012 update for my consumer loan portfolio. See also my $10,000 Benchmark and $10,000 Play portfolio updates for December 2012. On 11/1/12, I deposited $10,000 split … [Read the rest]

1000 Free United Airlines Miles from Bckstgr.com

Social media something-or-other site Bckstgr.com is offering new users up to 1,000 United MileagePlus miles for registering and linking your Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare accounts. 400 miles for sign-up, 200 miles for each link. You have to … [Read the rest]

Amazon Facebook Promotion: $5 off $25 Coupon

Back again, quantities limited . Amazon is running a Facebook promotion with a $5 off $25 purchase credit if you connect a Facebook account and share about it (can just share with yourself and/or delete link afterward). You must spend $25 in one … [Read the rest]

$10,000 Play Portfolio Update – December 2012

As part of my Beat the Market Experiment, I started three portfolios on November 1st, 2012: $10,000 “Good Boy” Passive ETF Benchmark Portfolio that would serve as both a performance benchmark and an example portfolio that would be easy to … [Read the rest]

$10,000 Benchmark Portfolio Update – December 2012

As part of my Beat the Market Experiment, I started three portfolios on November 1st, 2012: $10,000 “Good Boy” Passive ETF Benchmark Portfolio that would serve as both a performance benchmark and an example portfolio that would be easy to … [Read the rest]

Investment Returns By Asset Class – November 2012 Update

Here is my monthly update of the trailing total returns for the major asset classes that I find useful. I am using passive ETFs to track asset classes, as they represent actual investments that anyone can buy and sell. Return data was taken after … [Read the rest]

CamelCamelCamel & Tracktor: Amazon Price Tracking and Alerts

Amazon.com aggressively varies their prices constantly based on a variety of factors, including matching lower prices from competitors. In addition, they often run limited-time deals like their current Lightning Deals page. But how special are … [Read the rest]

Paying Down a 30-Year Mortgage Faster vs. 15-Year Mortgage

What a difference a year makes. In August 2011, I did a mortgage comparison of a 15-year at 3.75% vs. 30-year at 4.75%. Now I'm redoing that same comparison at current market rates of 30 yr @ 3.25% vs. 15 yr @ 2.625%! To be fair, the numbers I used … [Read the rest]

Mortgage Rates Still Dropping: Good Time To Switch From 30-Year to 15-Year?

In case you haven't been paying attention, mortgage rates are still dropping to new lows. Here's a chart of the historical mortgage rate averages since I bought my house in late 2007, courtesy of HSH.com. It includes the 30-year fixed, 15-year … [Read the rest]

What Is Your Holstee Manifesto?

Apparently I completely missed this when it first became popular, but the Holstee Manifesto is a set of ideals put forth by the founders of Holstee, a small apparel company which only sells environmentally-conscious and sustainably-sourced products. … [Read the rest]

www.220km.net