qara.info has partnered with CardRatings for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. Thank you for your support.

Gradsave Groupon: $50 Towards Any 529 College Savings Plan For $30

Groupon is currently offering a $50 Gradsave gift card for $30, which can be redeemed for a $50 deposit into any national 529 college savings plan. So if you're already meaning to contribute some money towards a 529 plan, it's basically at least … [Read the rest]

Ooma Phone Service Long Term Review + Referral Discount

The Ooma Telo is a VoIP system that creates a home phone service through your broadband internet. Just plug in your regular landline phones and go. Features include unlimited domestic long distance, 911 service, caller ID, voicemail, and call … [Read the rest]

Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping Bonus – 750 Miles

The Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping program is like other cashback shopping portals (eBates $10 bonus, TopCashBack, etc), except that they give you Alaska Airlines miles per dollar spent as a reward. They just sent me a new promotion where … [Read the rest]

How Do You Compare? Retirement Plan Savings by Age

Vanguard, a big name in defined-contribution retirement plans like 401ks, recently released their How America Saves 2013 report ) which included data from over a million retirement plan participants. The report itself is quite dense and a bit … [Read the rest]

Straight Talk SIM Card + Any iPhone 4 or 5 = $45 Unlimited Prepaid Plan

October 2013 Update: "Unlimited" has been clarified to mean 3G/4G data speeds for 2.5 GB per month, throttled to 2G data speed after that. Both AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards are now available, with the newer ones allowing 4G / LTE speeds if you … [Read the rest]

$30,000 Beat-the-Benchmark Experiment Update – October 2013

Here's the October 2013 update for my Beat the Market Experiment, a series of three portfolios started on November 1st, 2012: $10,000 Passive Benchmark Portfolio that would serve as both a performance benchmark and an real-world, low-cost … [Read the rest]

$10 off $50 at Lowes with American Express

Get $10 off any $50+ purchase at Lowes home improvement stores in-store or online. Expires 11/15/2013. Sign up for AmEx Sync first if you haven't already. Then tweet anything with #AmexLowes. You should get a confirmation reply quickly. Details … [Read the rest]

FreedomPop FREE Cell Phone Plan Review

Cell phone service seems to get cheaper each year. I still remember when a great deal was $40 a month for 1,000 minutes with no text and no data. So what about FREE cellular service? Well, it's here, but with a few important … [Read the rest]

California Obamacare Health Insurance Sample Quote

Open enrollment for individually-bought health insurance through state exchanges was supposed to start October 1, 2013, although several states experienced some delays and/or technical glitches. If your state exchange isn't up and running yet, you … [Read the rest]

PO Boxes Now Offer Real Street Addresses & Accept UPS and FedEx Packages

For a few years, I had a UPS store private mailbox for my small business address instead of a Post Office box because of a couple of factors: Private carriers like UPS and FedEx didn't deliver to PO Boxes. PO Boxes were not "real" street … [Read the rest]

Vanguard STAR Fund vs. Vanguard Balanced Index Fund

I previously wrote about how the Vanguard Balanced Index Fund was a good example of the benefits of holding both stocks and bonds in your portfolio. Now, I'd like to extend this and compare the Vanguard Balanced Index Fund (VBINX) with another … [Read the rest]

How to Estimate Your Obamacare Health Insurance Premiums and Tax Credits

Open enrollment for "Obamacare" will start October 1, 2013 for coverage that will start January 1, 2014. Find your state's exchange website at Healthcare.gov. Plans will be broken down into four tiers: Bronze, Gold, Silver, and Platinum. People 30 … [Read the rest]

https://220km.net